Freelancers and Entrepreneurs: Top Ten Reasons for Creating and Sending Out a Regular E-Newsletter
By Chris King
It is amazing to me how few independent professionals, free agents and freelancers have ever sent out an E-Newsletter. Of the many marketing strategies I have tried and used, I can attest to the fact that my eclectic E-Newsletter, Portfolio Potpourri -- which recently reached its fourth anniversary -- has brought me the most and best business.
Yes, it takes discipline, work, consistency, persistence and commitment.
But it is all worth it for the following top ten reasons:
- A well-written e-newsletter about your business topic(s) will establish you as an expert.
- It is a great way to build relationships. Remember, for someone to buy from you, or hire you, they must know, like and trust you. Created with that in mind, your e-newsletter will accomplish this.
- An e-newsletter is a great way to keep in touch with prospective, new and current clients on a regular basis. It serves as a reminder that you are here for them when they need you and/or your product(s).
- It is the most cost-effective way to direct market to customers. Warning note: my feeling is that it is OK to do some selling. Just donít overdo it. I do receive one e-newsletter daily and love it because it is filled with rich and useful content. If I start getting obviously sales oriented e-mails (they donít even qualify as e-newsletters) often, I will unsubscribe quickly.
- An e-newsletter can give a reason or reasons for readers to return to your website and/or sites. I always feature clickable articles as an incentive.
- It has been established and proven that the majority of people on the Internet are seeking information -- enlightening, inspiring and thought provoking. So, by making sure that you are providing this in your e-newsletter, they will stick with you.
- Through asking for and receiving feedback from your readers, you will get ideas for your upcoming issues and your website(s).
- You will grow your distribution (mailing) list -- important for future mailings and offers. The larger your list, the more chances for Joint Venture opportunities with other Internet marketers.
- By creating and writing on a regular basis, you will gain experience that will serve you well when you are adding content to your website(s) and info-products.
- A regular, successful e-newsletter will not only provide confidence and self-esteem for you, it will also be FUN! Despite the work involved, I look forward to creating my e-newsletter, and always learn something new from doing it.
So, donít hesitate. Start right now.
Chris King is an entrepreneur, professional speaker, storyteller, writer, website creator / designer, free agent, and fitness instructor. Sign up for her eclectic E-newsletter, Portfolio Potpourri, at http://www.freelanceliving.com You will find her information-packed E-book How to Leave Your Audiences Begging for MORE! at http://www.OutrageouslyPowerfulPresenter.com and her business website at http://www.CreativeKeys.biz
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Chris_King